The Vilhena Maltese Opportunities Fund presents investors with a cost-efficient way of gaining diversified exposure to the Maltese equities and debt securities on the Malta stock exchange and is designed to provide maximum total return on investment.
The Vilhena Maltese Opportunities Fund is ideal for long-term, risk-tolerant investors who want to vary their local investment portfolio.
By investing in the Vilhena Maltese Opportunities Fund, you will benefit from:
- Access to the Maltese Capital Market
- Potential for Income and Capital Growth
- Easy Access to your money at short notice
- Advised by Bank of Valletta plc.
The value of investments, and income from them, can go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount you invested.
The Fund is also subject to the following risks:
- Debt instruments are exposed to credit risk which is the ability of the borrower to repay the interest and capital on the redemption date.
- Shares of companies are generally considered high risk investments, and may result in fluctuations of the value of the Fund due to external factors.
- Changes in interest rates will result in fluctuations in the value of the Fund.
- The Fund has a significant exposure to Maltese debt and equity instruments and as a result the Fund will be impacted by the state of the Maltese market.
- The price of debt and/or equity investments listed on the MSE may be negatively impacted by the limited trading activity of the MSE
- The Fund may use financial derivatives instruments (in an attempt to reduce the overall risk of its investments or reduce the costs of investing, although this may not be achieved)